Archives

Coming of Age Day

This is my kimono I bought when I was 26(23years ago) I kept it for My daughter when she grow up.
I wanted My daughter wear my kimono for this special day...






Coming of Age Day (成人の日 Seijin no Hi?) is a Japanese holiday held annually on the second Monday of January. It is held in order to congratulate and encourage all those who have reached the age of majority (20 years old (二十歳 hatachi?))

Many women celebrate this day by wearing furisode (a style of kimono with long sleeves that drape down) and zōri sandals.[1] Since most are unable to put on a kimono by themselves due to the intricacies involved in putting one on, many choose to visit a beauty salon to dress and to set their hair. A full set of formal clothing is expensive, so it is usually either borrowed from a relative or rented rather than being bought especially for the occasion. Men sometimes also wear traditional dress (e.g. dark kimono with hakama), but nowadays many men wear formal Western clothes such as a suit and tie more often than the traditional hakama. After the ceremony, the young adults often celebrate in groups by going to parties or going out drinking.









Love her smile  <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit my blog. : )